Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A cruel bit of reality

I heard a sad story today. This woman that I know is currently living in low income, raising her son on her own. Now, that isn't overly sad anymore, in-fact it's fairly common these days. What is sad is that she has a father in a nursing home just down the street from her. He is dwindling in health, I'm not sure what from, and they could lose him any day.

My mother and I were outside this evening, just catching up on how the day went, and this lady came over. She wanted to know whether or not she would be able to call my mom in the night to watch her son. He was exhibiting signs of West Nile Virus, and she wasn't sure if she should take him to the hospital. On top of this her father had another of his 'episodes' or a period where his health is even worse. They thought he was having a heart attack. I'm not sure what he really was suffering from.

Best as I can tell, this woman is over all a decent person. She is a little shy, but once you get to know her she is quite humorous. Of all the issues I have with religion, the terrible things that good people are put through, while the bad have prosperous situations, is number one. But for the first time when I heard a story like this, I didn't think that god was cruel, or nonexistent, but I thought that this woman needed my, and many other people's, prayers. I hope that when you read this you pray for this woman, and other people like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment