Sunday, July 25, 2010

Congregating

Well folks, I do believe I have figured out why meeting with fellow Christians is so important. After two months of battling with temptation on my own, the simple act of being around other Christians this morning was an amazing relief. I didn't ask them for any advice, or anything like that, but being with them made me feel safe. Being with a large group of people, who have the same beliefs as myself made it well worth the earliest morning I'd had in a long long time. Hearing my pastor give his lesson this morning brought a sense of safety back, and a sense of calm to my mind.

If any of you find yourselves needing a support group, church is an amazing place to receive that support, in an environment where you shouldn't feel pressured, and will feel safe from the temptations from the outside world, if only for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment